We also have a video guide available for this article:
You must enable 2FA in your Binance account to create the API key.
Read below how to do this.
To create an API key, you need to do the following:
1. Log in to account at: https://www.binance.com/
2. Go to your "Account".
3. Click the button "Enable".
4. Enter any name and click on "Create new key".
5. Enter the code from the authenticator.
6. Confirm the creation by following the "Confirm Create" link in the email that comes to the e-mail.
7. The API key is ready. Settings by default.
Two-factor authorization (2FA) enabling.
Two-factor authentication or 2FA is a method of identifying a user in a service where two different types of authentication data are used. This provides more effective protection of your account from unauthorized access. While logging in exchange account, you also need to enter a 6-digit code in addition to the password.
To enable 2FA you need to do the following:
1. Install the application to generate 2-step verification codes, such as Google Authenticator, on your mobile phone.
2. In your account, click on "Enable".
3. Open the application on the phone, click on the plus in the upper right corner (add an account) and scan the QR code that issued Binance or enter the code manually.
4. Save the key in a safe place, and hide it where no one else but you can find it. It may be needed to restore the lost 2FA.
5. Click on the "next step", enter the password from the account and the code that appeared on the phone screen. Click on Enable Google Authentication. Done.
Every 30 seconds a random 6-digit code is generated. This code must be entered when logging in the exchange account, withdrawal of funds, creating an API key. Each code is valid only once, only for the first correct input. Thus, if you have already entered it and you for some reason need to enter the 2FA code again - wait for the generation of the new one, otherwise you will get an error.